Most women are no strangers to a health (and body) conscious style of living. With various dieting trends coming and going, the best thing that has been consistently shown to improve a healthy lifestyle is a realistic diet change that can be maintained for an extended period of time. It’s not about depriving, but adjusting and changing your entire lifestyle instead!
One of the trends that is coming into the limelight is the gluten free diet. This diet is actually a necessity for a lot of people who have an allergy to gluten, but if this way of eating is adopted by even those without the allergy, there have been a lot of benefits (including, but not limited to energy and weight loss). The gluten free diet may seem daunting at first (what woman doesn’t love carbs!?) but if you are determined and dedicated, you won’t regret it!
If this diet change seems too unrealistic for you, try focusing on carbs that are made with organic sprouted seeds. Ezekiel bread is one brand that uses only sprouted wheats in their bread, and the more natural the food you are eating is, the better it is for you because of the nutrients that haven’t been removed from processing. You can even try sprouting your OWN seeds at home to add into any of your baking!
Another easy addition to your diet are superfoods! There are so many genres and types of superfoods, and here are some of my top picks!
- Goji berries: 500 times more vitamin C than oranges! Great source of A, B1, B2, B6 and E as well as protein and 18 different amino acids.
- Acai: a staple in the Amazonian diet, high level of anthocyanins, which are also found in red wine.
- Coconut Oil: the saturated fat is digested easily and utilized well in the body to convert into energy, speeds up metabolism and is a great anti-bacterial and anti-viral agent.
- Bee Pollen: most complete food found in nature with 5-7 times more protein than beef! Beneficial for illness recovery, natural antidote for allergies and counteracts signs of aging.
- Ginseng: perfect herb for handling stress and illness or surgery recovery.
- Wheat grass: this is the sprouted grass of a wheat seed and contains no gluten, promotes healthy blood, stimulates metabolism, assists digestion and promotes weight loss.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: easily digestible proteins, wide range of vitamins and minerals, healthy for brain and immune system and cleansing kidneys.
Here are some recipes for you to try and enjoy to start off your new superfood lifstyle!
leafy vegetables contain high doses of chlorophyll, easily digestible proteins, enzymes and a wide range of vitamins and minerals. These particular vegetables act as mini-transfusions for the blood, a health tonic for the brain and immune system and a cleanser of the kidneys. Try any of the following: rocket, spinach, dandelion greens, kale, watercress, parsley, lettuce, endive, chicory, broccoli sprouts and mustard sprouts.
Warrior Fuel Bowl
-2 packs Sambazon Original Açaí
-A splash of Coconut water
-1 tbsp Maca powder
1 tbsp Greens (we like Amazing Grass)
Toppings: Bee pollen, Cacao nibs, Hemp seeds, 1/2 Banana slices
1. Add 2 Sambazon Original Açaí Smoothie Packs, A splash of Coconut water, 1/2 Banana, 1 tbsp Maca powder, 1 tbsp Greens (we like Amazing Grass, but any greens mix will do) into blender and blend on high.
2. Pour your açaí blend in to a bowl and top with Bee pollen, Cacao nibs, Hemp seeds, 1/2 Banana slices.
Summer Dessert! Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
All information gathered from foodmatters.tv and doctoroz.com